Zipper's Driving School also trades as Arafura Driving Academy
(blue text are links)
Connie & John are members of the
Australian Driver Trainer's Association (NSW) Inc.
They have independent driving schools, but share the same ideals and support each other.
Connies Driving Shool logo is shown below.
FRIENDLY PROFESSIONAL TUITION
Zippers Driving School
with experienced instructors
and Connies Driving School
work together to provide quality driver education and training in Darwin & Palmerston (Northern Territory, Australia).
- Manual & automatic cars - airconditioned with dual clutch/brake/accelerator
- Defensive Driving techniques taught on every lesson
- DriveSafe NT in-car training
- Disability, rehab & special needs training
- Automatic to manual conversions
- Training for drivers from overseas
- DriveSafe NT Theory classroom education
- Assistance with studying for your NT Learner's Licence
written or oral test
- On-road testing for NT Provisional Licence class "C" (car)
- Driving instructor tuition
- Gift vouchers available
We operate in the Darwin and Palmerston areas; pick up from Howard Springs, Virginia or Coolalinga by arrangement.
For more information on our services and charges, click on one of the points of interest above, or go to our rates & services page.
Created using CoffeeCup
NEW DRIVING TEST
… has been introduced. See the MVR's website for detailed information.
The MVR's Guide To The Driving Test explains the driving standards needed - read it before attempting the test.
Choice of examiners:
You can book your test with an examiner at an MVR, or you can choose a driving instructor accredited to conduct class "C" (car) driving tests.
Download a 1-page document describing your options when arranging your test.
MVR's Guide to the Driving Test
Options for booking your test
MVR website - licensing
Reverse parallel park
The Drive Safe NT program
The Keys2Drive program
Automobile Association of the NT (AANT)
Green cars guide
Australian new-car safety ratings (ANCAP)
BUYING A USED CAR PRIVATELY?
- if the seller owes money on it or if it's stolen, it could be repossessed. And you won't get your money back!
To check the vehicle's status, contact the PPSR (Personal Property Securities Register) on-line.
A common reason for failing the driving test is poor observation.
This 1-page document explains observation techniques to help you become a defensive (safer) driver. And, of course, to help you pass your driving test!
THE REVERSE PARALLEL PARK
… is no longer done between poles, instead you will reverse behind a parked car.
Find out what you are required to accomplish when demonstrating the reverse park manoeuvre.
Why do we drive on the left side of the road in Australia?
are very useful, but can bite back if used thoughtlessly.